Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Carrie



By Stephen King

In a small neighborhood, there was a family that lived on Carlin Street know as the White's. This is a family you would not want to mess with. Carrie is about a helpless and vulnerable teenage girl, who everyone is mean to and picks on. In the novel, Carrie discovers that she inherited telekinetic power from her late Father. After being bullied for years, Carrie finally uses her powers to get revenge on her tormentors.


Final Review: We give it 3 1 /2 stars because the ending was spoiled in the middle of the book. Other than that it was an interesting book to read if you are interested in the supernatural.  

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a scare your pants off book, you must read Stephen King's novel Carrie. The story of a young high school student by the name of Carrie White who endures an incredible amount of suffering at school, home, and pretty much any place imagined. Her mother Margret White who believes that everything in the world is cured and run by acts of religion. Carrie's peers bully and torture her frequently with very cruel pranks and verbally mistreat her. These may be related as common acts of bullying in school in many peoples perspective, but what makes Carrie's high school experience different is that she has telekinetic powers (the ability to move objects under extreme stress). Many may see this as a curse, but Carrie sees this as an opportunity of a lifetime and is becoming more conscious of her powers and becomes stronger in controlling what she has. But as the bulling becomes more critical and her mother continually badgers her about her sins, Carrie becomes more dark and evil and begins plotting revenge.

    Personal Thoughts:

    Yesenia Ramos- I really liked the book, I saw the movie before reading the book and I regret that. The book let me use my imagination to predict what was going to happen next. I would recommend this book to people who like suspense and mystery.

    Roger Salazar- What I liked about the book is that this girl goes through a lot of problems and bullying at school. Then at the end she shows off her true potential. Although its hard to keep up with the flashbacks in the book If you believe in getting even with people this is the book for you.

    Nicolas Constatino- Not only can I related to Carrie's situation but I like the fact that Carrie towards the end begins to stand up for herself. It just shows that she becoming strong and she is done with people treating her unfairly.

    ReplyDelete