Monday, July 21, 2014

 

Nick Carraway is a young man  from the  mid-west. After returning from the military he gets bored with his home town life, and desires to see more. He sets his sights on becoming a bonds man and heads east to New York. There he met his cousin Daisy who was married to a man named Tom Buchanan. Tom and Nick went to college together where Tom was well known as a football player. Soon after arriving, Nick was dragged into Tom's scandals. After dealing with Tom's scandals Nick met Mr. Gatsby.
 Mr. Gatsby was a man who was surrounded by mystery, everything around him was very vague. It was as if his life was a front. Gatsby had a fixation on a light across from a lake. This green light has a symbolic meaning for Mr. Gatsby and his way of life. Throughout the story Gatsby's life the book will have you on your knees begging to know more about this mysterious man named GATSBY!...

Personal Thoughts

Louie Ferrara- I loved this book because of the intensity that was involved. I loved that this book was a story about American history, it is nice to learn about all there was back in the 1920's. I would recommend this book to everybody.


Carolyn Williams- I enjoyed this book. It kept me entertained and I wanted to know more about this mysterious man named Gatsby.


Alicia Maestas- This book kept me entertained. I connected with Daisy and Gatsby's relationship. 


Bradley Davis- I was constantly captivated by the mystery that is Gatsby. Every chapter had a new mystery for me to want to discover the truth about it. The name of the book suited the book beautifully, Gatsby was indeed, the great. 

1 comment:

  1. For me, The great Gatsby is an awesome book. The story had a lot of twist, but I just don't like the way it ended. I would recommend this to everybody, you will surely like it.

    ReplyDelete