Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore is about a computer-programmer who can't find a job named Clay who ends up working for a mysterious bookstore owner. In this bookstore that's open 24 hours a day, Clay works the night shift. He quickly discovers that there is a mysterious force at work in this store. The frantic customers that come never purchase anything. They "check-out" large books written in some kind of code. Through his programming skills, Clay starts to unravel the mystery beyond the store.
I think that anyone who is interested in computers, mysteries, or science fiction will enjoy this novel. It has lots of plot twists and always keeps you guessing. And, the library at GCC even has it! You don't even have to go anywhere else to get it!

That sounds very interesting, and funny, almost like a fantasy with science fiction elements. I would read it--if I had the time.
ReplyDelete